Hail, Reader! My name’s Seb. Maybe Make Something Better is the home for my long-form thoughts about game design.
MMSB FOUNDING PRINCIPLES
- Games are art.
- One of the purposes of good games criticism should be to improve games literacy.
- Games literacy fosters an audience that can get more out of games, which in turn helps us to create better games.
- Thus, one of the purposes of good games criticism is to help us make better games.
- But: we don’t yet know how to write good games criticism.
- Let’s talk about games. Let’s make some games.
RECIPE FOR THIS BLOG’S TITLE
- One part Aaron A. Reed’s classic multimedia browser game, Maybe Make Some Change.
- One part Mountain Goats lyrics.
- Dash of optimism to season.
The opinions expressed on this website are mine alone, and should not be taken to reflect those of my employers in past, present, or future.